The New Year brings a feeling of change as we contemplate the passing of one year into the next. I have seen a few of these come and go, some with great expectations and some with sorrow and longing. But one thing is certain, change is inevitable. It’s not uncommon to try to avoid change. Most of us do not like the unknown very much. The comforts of routine and habit seem more pleasant thoughts. Try as we may to keep things the same we can never escape the steady marching of time, and the mixing of circumstance. Mortality is this way for a reason.
We are to ever look upward and onward, with an unfailing and steady longing for our heavenly home. The journey by it’s very nature has many rivers to forge, valleys to cross and peaks to climb. There are however, enough grassy meadows with cool streams and canapes of shade for needed rest, but the journey must continue. Change must come. The challenge for the fallen creature is to improve, each day, every day.
The question that must be on our minds,
and deep within our hearts is;
How can I come unto Christ today?
For my family I hope, and I pray
for a very good New Year.
May the blessings of Heaven fill your lives,
And gratitude fill your hearts.
Daddy
May the blessings of Heaven fill your lives,
And gratitude fill your hearts.
Daddy
2 comments:
Coming into this new year seth and I have commented to eachother over and over again about how much we hope this year is better than last. The other day while talking to eachother about it, we decided this year was going to be better because we would make it better. Come what may, we would love it : )
Thank, dad. I needed to read this today! It has lifted my spirits and has encouraged me to press on, improving myself and my family. You are right, change can be uncomfortable...but, it's inevitable if we desire to come closer to Christ. The harder we try to improve, the more we see that change must take place. Lately, I have found that I desire change. I pray for a good year for us and our loved ones as well, but I especially pray that this year will bring the changes we need. That we will invite Christ into our homes and strive to draw nearer to him...to become as he is.
Thank you for always encouraging us to do better and for being a father and friend we can confide in. Love ya, Pappy!
Post a Comment